Collegiate Church of Saint Gertrude

de Collegiale Sint Gertrude

 

 

The Collegiate Church of Saint Gertrude is a historical building in Nivelles, Wallonia, Belgium consecrated in 1046 by Wazo, bishop of Liège, in the presence of emperor Henry III. It is an example both of Mosan art and of Ottonian architecture.

 

De Sint-Gertrudiskerk is een romaanse kerk uit de 11e eeuw in de Belgische stad Nijvel. De kerk werd ingewijd in 1046 in aanwezigheid van keizer Hendrik III en van bisschop Waso van Luik. Ze is toegewijd aan Gertrudis van Nijvel, zuster van Begga.